music

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I came out of denial yesterday and realized I am one of those people who could easily walk around with toilet paper on her shoe or hanging out of her pants, oblivious to the world. I was half way through my work out before I realized I had a dryer sheet stuck up in my pants. Once I realized it was there, I couldn't pull it out without looking rediculous and I didn't want to stop my walk on the treadmill and go all the way downstairs to the restroom to extracate it. I suffered through the itch and scratch of it until I got in the car.
I had a hard mommy day yesterday upon finding that Rachel didn't make the dance team at the high school. She was trying so hard to see the positive side of it when she first found out, but last night it was too much and the tears and sadness came. It's so hard to see your kids struggle and hurt and feel such disappointment. How do you help them keep their self-esteem in tact when they feel rejected and not good enough? Telling her it's probably a blessing in disguise doesn't help. I just tried to hold her and listen. Today she is trying out for Concert Choir and Troubadors. Her confidence has been shaken and now she's worried about a similar outcome. She could be put in a "lesser" choir. I hope she will feel good about her audition and that Mr. Tison will hear her potential.
Today is a crazy day. It started with sewing at the church for Joyful Blankets. I went to Rachel's doctor to drop off a health form to be signed for her Catalina trip. Then, to the post office to send a Joyful Blanket off to Annette who is starting her chemo. treatments tomorrow. I then went to the T-shirt store to buy costume pieces for Jordan for his choir concert. Rachel and I will be getting her ready for Catalina this afternoon/evening. She gets to go for two days with her fellow 8th graders.

So, I'm off to pick her up and take her to her audition...I'm putting on my mommy gear again and hoping I can help her through whatever happens. TTFN.....

2 comments:

  1. Wow Trish. if Rachel didn't make dance team, I can't imagine what they are looking for. ?? That's a stumper. I'm so sorry. Perhaps there are other opportunities coming her way and this will free up her schedule. I will be surprised if she doesn't make one of the top choirs. Hope her confidence holds up. At least Mr. T has heard her sing when she's not under so much pressure. Maybe he'll take that into account. Sounds like you've been a good mommy. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was LOL at your gym incident!! We must be related. :)
    Tell Rach I love her and to keep her head up! I didn't make the dance company EVER after trying out every year, and look how awesome I turned out! LOL! :) Ok, so maybe that won't be of comfort to her...just let her know I think she's fantastic in every way!!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete