music

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tales from Tuesday

Today I took my life into my own hands and let Jordan drive home from his dermatology appointment in Newport Beach. He only got honked at once and I only swore once (am I really admitting that?) I read in the parent manual when I got home that we're to remain patient and calm. I will work on my instructor skills or lack thereof. He is really learning quickly and is braving the California roads like a champ. I just can't believe he's driving...I feel old.

Rachel left today for girls' camp. She was excited. She did all her own packing and I didn't even check up on her to see if she remembered everything. I hope she did...she's such an independent girl. It would have been an insult to her, I'm sure, if I had checked in on her packing. I took her and Sara to Walgreen's to load up on their candy/snack supply before they embarked. It's a vegetarian camp. No meat for four days can do wacky things to these girls.
I finished my book today; Rilla of Ingleside. It was a good book, but I didn't enjoy it as much as Wallace Stegner's Crossing to Safety. I am hoping I can retain them a little for our discussions in Maine. I am looking forward to spending time with my mother and father-in-law and sisters-in-law there.
I am especially excited to see my dear friend, Kristin, in New Jersey before I go to Maine. It's been such a long time since I've seen her. She's my "bosom friend" as Anne Shirley would say.
I am also excited to spend time with my family in Utah and Nauvoo. I've been missing my sister, Sara. I love to be with her and her contageous laugh. It's medicine to my soul.
Well, as usual, I'm blogging at night when my brain begins to shut down and render me senseless.
I'll write again sooner than later.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy to read your post. You will have such fun on your travels! I'm excited for you! You'll have to tell us if Rachel remembered everything. Oh, and you're not old says your older friend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey trish...just found your blog through melissa's...YAY! i love finding new blogs! :) and i love your young bride pic!

    ReplyDelete