music

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Memories

Today Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett passed away. It whisked me away to my youth watching Charlie's Angels; pretending with friends that we were one of the angels. Everyone would fight over being Farrah. My brother, Rich, was totally in love with her.
The music of Michael Jackson is memorable to me because I spent hours dancing to his music. I have fond memories of my brother, Rich, singing Michael Jackson songs. I like to think that they'll have a chance to meet now.
I am saddened more by MJ's passing because he was such a tragic figure these past few years. The accusations and allegations he faced as well as the financial detriment/situation he got himself into...it makes me sad for him and the loneliness in his life. Farrah Fawcett was surrounded by good friends and her lover, Ryan O'Neil when she passed.
Anyhow...I've been doing laundry trying to make preparations to leave on vacation to Utah, New Jersey, and Maine. It's all coming so quickly. I hardly feel ready.
I'm off to eat Subway with Smith. It's quiet around here with Jordan at work and Rachel at camp. I'll hopefully get to blog when I'm on vacation.
Til then...

1 comment:

  1. It was so weird to have two people pass in one day that evoke such memories from our childhoods! Charlie's Angels was my first action type play and 'Beat It' was our varsity cheer try-outs song. I remember where I was the first time I saw the Thriller video. Good times...

    ReplyDelete